TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership to ECASSA is not confined to the EAC member countries. The Association’s Constitution provides for membership from this sub-region as comprising but not limited to the EAC countries, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe. The current membership of over 20 schemes still growing and will soon embrace occupational schemes and Social Security Institution in Southern Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe.
There are two types of membership to ECASSA.
- Affiliate Members: These are institutions which are mandatory social security schemes and are responsible for one or more aspects of social security.
- Associate Members: these are institutions whose objectives are compatible with Social Security Institutions but do not qualify to become Affiliate members such as the occupation schemes.
The current members who make up ECASSA are as follows. Click here
WHAT ECASSA PROVIDES:
As enumerated in the Association’s Strategic Plan, the Association is proud to offer the following:
- Information on matters of national and regional social security.
- Research findings/studies on matters of social security.
- Platforms on which to exchange experiences on social security administration and networking opportunities.
- Training/skills development on Social Security.